Multifunctional cell for robot-assisted pre-treatment or application of adhesives, sealants, potting materials and lubricants
In automated production processes, high process reliability, convenient handling and some flexibility are required. The multifunctional cell from DOPAG meets exactly these requirements. It features an autonomous robot system, in which all standard application systems can be integrated. The multifunctional cell is suitable for the metering and application of single and dual-component adhesives, sealants, potting materials and lubricants. The process technology for the pre-treatment and post-treatment of components – such as plasma pre-treatment or various curing systems – can be integrated easily.
The multifunctional cell is easy to use and offers high flexibility. The workpiece carrier can be replaced as required. It can be changed during production in just a few steps. A single workpiece carrier pick-up is optionally available. An optional workpiece query also increases process reliability. A safety door or swing door for equipping the system, an integrated waste container and a pre-programmed regeneration position ensure safe, convenient operation.
Pre-installed software programs ensure simple operation
No robot programming knowledge is required to set up a new product. All necessary parameters can be configured freely. The robot positions can be entered in a table in the control panel. The robot then processes each point entered one after another. For each operating point, various parameters such as volume flow, metering quantity and pause time can be set individually. The positions for pre-processing and post-processing functions, such as pre-run, regeneration and rinse, can also be set. In total, 20 programmes can be stored. The software tools for rail and pallet applications come pre-installed.
Individual configuration based on customer requirements
The multifunctional cell has a modular design and can be configured individually according to customer requirements, application and the necessary pre- and post-treatment processes. In all applications, reproducible and consistently high product quality as well as high cost-effectiveness and efficiency are guaranteed.
Benefits of pre-programmed rail and pallet applications
Software tool rail applications
This function can be used to define simple contours for a rail application.
- The points are entered in a table and approached one after another without stopping.
- For each point, it can be defined whether the metering should start or stop.
- A total of 20 programmes can be stored.
- 50 points can be stored per programme. The details are entered in a table.
- If this functionality is not sufficient for an application, robot programmes can also be programmed with the robot’s complete set of commands, selectable via parameters.
Software tool pallet applications
This function is used to move vertically to positions in the working area, such as for potting components.
- The points entered in the table are approached one after another.
- The X/Y position is first approached above the components, then the infeed takes place at the height configured (Z).
- The robot stop once it reaches the position.
- The application is carried out, possibly in two levels.
- After the application, the robot returns to the X/Y traversing plane in Z direction (height).