LSR mixing unit
An unprecedented ease of use
Previously, setup work on LSR mixing units was a complicated process that took a long time. It was a job that required tools and sometimes even the involvement of several workers. Thanks to the new mixing unit for the DOPAG LSR pump silcomix, this has now changed fundamentally. The new design is a unique one on the market and simplifies operation while ensuring shorter setup times and greater system availability. Maintenance times and intervals can be reduced by up to 75%. The increasingly popular low-viscosity silicones can be equally processed without any difficulty.
The main advantage: The new mixing unit for the silcomix LSR metering pump is designed to be disassembled extremely quickly by hand and without extra tools. The same applies to replacing the mixer or valve for colour additives.
The unit is smaller and more compact than its predecessor, which makes setup work much simpler. The static mixer can be replaced easily and any one-way mixer on the market can be used, as well as stainless steel mixers.
The modular design of the unit means that individual components of various sizes can be introduced as desired. This functionality takes into account the fact that materials of increasingly low viscosity are being used in modern production and that cycle times and overall processing times are becoming ever shorter. For users, the new design simplifies operation and means that the system is ready for use again sooner. It brings a singular system, on which multiple different products can be manufactured with unprecedented ease.
- Simple maintenance and cleaning
- Very short setup times (< 5 mins)
- Very long service life
- Continuous temperature control for constant processing temperature; water cooling via injection moulding system
- Designed for low- and high-viscosity media
- Precise metering of minimal quantities
- Integrated snuff-back function closes the valve at the mixer outlet against the flow direction and does not generate any additional build-up of pressure for the injection moulding system – perfect in the case of small cavities
- Ball valve ensures bubble-free flooding of the material after the mixer is replaced, for example.
- Can be used on all LSR systems